Monday, February 27, 2012

Deliberating Over Colours



At the moment I'm in the middle of decorating Sophie's nursery and am about to order the cutest set of wall decals ever which I can't wait to share with you all.  The only trouble is, I'm having a real dilema trying to choose the colours.  Today, I've been stuck on the Pantone website while the girls are napping, trying to decide on colour swatches... mulling over what the difference is for example between 338c, 3375C and 3385C... it's been seriously doing my head in!  Is one sample too blue or grey?  Is another lighter or darker?  What would go better with the pastel tones in Sophie's nursery? 

I can see the exact aqua green and pink samples I'm after on the cute paint swatch notebooks above... now if only I could match them to the Pantone colour samples...

Why are such choices so overwhelming?  Is it just me or does anyone else out there take forever to decide on colour samples?  Or am I the only one who is so fussy?


Image above via 8balloons

11 comments:

  1. I too deliberate over these choices. I think it is fine to be fussy. After all we have limited time and I like to get it right the first time. Good luck with the choosing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm terrible about decisions on paint colour. I get so confused! Way too many options to choose from :)
    Good luck choosing x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always buy sample pots and paint them onto cardboard. It can work out a little more expensive but that way I end up being mostly sure about the color!!! Good luck, I totally understand the agony of being forced to make a decision! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh sounds like fun (I'm being serious by the way....sick I know!).
    If you do need a hand, let me know. I don't use pantone colours, but could suggest some Dulux or Haymes colours if you do get stuck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's hard to choose isn't it? But I work on the basis that if you get it wrong you can always paint over it...painful though that is! Good luck...channel your inner kid :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really bad with shades of colour - it's why I convert lots of photos to black and white because I can't figure out if the skin looks green or orange or yellow till someone tells me.

    SO, I play it safe with white on the walls!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always go with the first colour that came to me even if I have reservations I stick to it and always love it in the end good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Choice is soooo overwhelming. I'm always scared I'll pick the wrong thing and like something better. Paralysing! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is so hard to make a choice, when we painted our house it took us so long to agree on a colour that we went with the same one through the whole house. Just a word of caution, different monitors/screens show different colours so it is possible that the colour you choose will look different in real life. Good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know what you mean! I can spend hours and hours trying to decide on something like this, but will go out and spend hundreds (maybe not quite that much) on something I've spent a few minutes thinking about
    Don't know why that is.
    Lesley
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Don't worry about the fussing it is better to take the time and get it right!x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - it really makes my day!!