Friday, March 16, 2012

'Round Here...

Here are some snippets of our week…


… the cross-stitch owl I finished for Sophie’s room (Grace has a matching one I made her in blue)



… Grace’s first piece of art that was actually recognisable – this is her water colour painting of three flowers under a blue sky



… the play tent we bought off ebay which has been getting LOTS of use by Grace and her stuffed toys - there have been tea parties, books read and colouring in sessions held in there



… Sophie enjoying being close to her big sister in her new Bumbo chair – she is so eager to be part of the action



… Grace at the river last weekend - we headed down for an early morning splash on Sunday after another 40+ day had been forecast



...Grace's little cupboard which is still yet to be painted - I tried last weekend and it was so hot the paint was drying quicker than I could brush!  While this colour is not quite right for Grace's bedroom where I'd prefer a pale blue, it is growing on me... a colour option for those kitchen stools of mine perhaps?


We don’t have a lot planned here this weekend although I had thought about taking a quick visit to The Boutique Markets for the first time on Sunday if I get a chance... we'll see... I'd prefer to tick off a few furniture painting projects first.

What are your weekend plans?

15 comments:

  1. Your girls are beautiful Amanda...and gold star for being able to start..and complete ANY DIY projects! ; ) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like it was a happy go lucky week in your household. I think that colour will be funky for the kitchen stools :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww. I love X stitch! That owl is so cute. Did you get the pattern from Etsy?

    And how super sweet is the little cupboard? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the pattern was off Etsy from Sewingseed - they have lots of super cute designs x

      Delete
  4. Love the owl cross stitch, just gorgeous and something they will keep forever! Weekend plans, my sister in laws birthday, gardening, finishing a bookshelf off etc etc! Hope you have a good one! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That owl cross-stitch really is adorable Amanda, along with the growing adorableness between your two girls, and the artwork is equally impressive, your creative side must be rubbing off :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a proud Mummy moment, Grace's first piece of recognisable art! I do like how it has pride of place on the fridge :) And your cross stitch is just adorable as well, love the colours for this one as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your cross-stitch, Amanda! I used to do cross-stitch when I was a teenager. Now I knit. My plans for the weekend include a visit to the eyeglass shop for new frames, a wine tasting, dinner with friends to celebrate St. Patrick's Day and hopefully some time in the garden. Enjoy your weekend!
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  9. That cross stitch is adorable! And I cannot believe Gracie's artistry, I am still flabbergasted after seeing first hand her colouring in skills but to paint those flowers and sky in water colour is incredible. I think your new weekly activity should be art and craft lessons for that little girlie of yours, she is talented!
    I hope you get some furniture painting done and can have a relaxing, not too hot weekend. It was so nice to chat yesterday!!! Have a lovely weekend my dear,
    Jxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A while back, I helped her draw some flowers on her Magnadoodle but i was really surprised when I checked out her painting the other day and saw she'd done these by herself. I'm so glad she enjoys art like me :) Looking forward to our next chat xx

      Delete
  10. Very cute stitchery.Your girls are growing up so quickly,those Bumbo chairs are great my SIL has one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How cute is Grace in her matching bathers and sunhat! Very sweet.
    The cross stitch is adorable. I hope you are having a relaxing weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Grace's artwork is beautiful - you should frame that!

    The little owl crosstitch is very cute as well. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Grace's flowers are beautiful. It's a wonderful milestone to watch them create pictures that you can recognise:) That owl cross stitch is very sweet Amanda:) I hope that you had a lovely weekend and got to go to the markets. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - it really makes my day!!