Thursday, June 6, 2013

Three Things To Share


Coughs and colds have finally cleared up here so we've had a happier few days this week. However, aside from two much healthier girls, a few other things have added some sunshine to my days...



With the temperature dropping dramatically from the late afternoon onwards around these parts, leaving the warmth of our living room heater for the colder end of the house has been less than appealing come bedtime... until I bought a new set of sheets. After one set of duds that remained like cardboard after numerous washes and softening remedies, I've learnt that quality when it comes to bed linen is a must. Our new taupe coloured sheets are a cotton bamboo blend with a thread count of 600. They are SO luxuriously soft and cosy and in my opinion, guaranteed to contribute to a decent night's sleep...



A cancelled play date yesterday gave Sophie and I the chance to run a few errands, one of which was to pick up another one of the Ikou candles I bought back at the start of the year.  I've since decided these are the only candles for me.  They are high quality, burning right to the edge of the candle wall, 100% natural and their scent is strong enough to leave our whole living area smelling heavenly.

Equally lovely is my pretty vintage saucer on which my candle sits... a gift from a dear friend, I was devastated when the teacup broke.  However, the saucer has now become my 'candle plate' where I can still admire its sweet pattern and enjoy it day in and day out from our kitchen bench top where it has a permanent position.



And finally, I couldn't not include a photo of our 'currently in full bloom camellia' in this post... the definite show piece of our backyard come winter.  With our frangipanis due to lose their leaves very soon leaving our garden looking rather bare, this beauty adds a much needed burst of colour between all the greenery.

Wishing you all a wonderful end to the week...

10 comments:

  1. I could only DREAM of having frangipanis growing in our garden. I don't know of anyone here is NZ who grows them. I'm a lover of good sheeting too. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love that camellia - its a show stopper for sure
    I get too hot in flannie sheets but I swear by my lavender heat pack
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These aren't flannelette sheets either... These are just super soft and luxurious... apparently bamboo is breathable and according to the salesperson, ideal for my husband who gets hot like you've said :)

      Delete
  3. Your Camellia is beautiful - look at the carpet of petals under there! So pretty. And I love your new bed linen too, although I think I may love your ducks on the bedside table even more :-) Mel x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My ducks are very special to me... one of the few things I inherited from my Nanna's house when she moved to her nursing home. You are right about our camellia... the fallen petals create just as lovely a show as the bush itself :)

      Delete
  4. I love, love, LOVE linen!!! I'm only a tad obsessed with all manchester. Lol. Quality sheets make such an incredible difference and I can justify every dollar spent on them (though the bargain hunter in me always has to wait for sales!)
    I haven't used that brand of candle. I'll have to try it out. Sounds fab!
    That lovely photo of you and your Daddy always make me smile xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My new sheets are amazing... I'm a definite convert to paying for quality now. Luckily these were on sale at Adairs at 50% off - although even with the discount, they were still double the cost of the duds I had previously bought :) You would love Ikou's candles. That photo is a favourite of mine too :)

      Delete
  5. It's amazing just how warm good quality sheets keep you isn't it! Our sheets are so warm that you can get out and then half an hour later get back in and there is still some lingering warmth.

    And every time I see your camellia, I think how much our garden needs one too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely set of snuggly sheets certainly does help with a good nights sleep. I have been thinking about buying same flannelette sheets not too sure if they will be too hot for hubby though but the thought of cosy sheets instead of cold ones is tempting. Your camellia plant is just beautiful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, that camellia!!! It is so so beautiful. And so is the photo of you and your dad xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - it really makes my day!!